One of my favorite recipes from Leah’s mom: nograinola. It’s delicious, wholesome, filling, and, hence the name, a grain-free granola. Some day, Leah and I will finally get around to picking another name for it and starting a wildly successful food company. Until then, and because Siobhan is asking for Paleo recipes, you can make it for yourself.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine nuts, seeds and coconut flakes. Stir until well combined. In a small bowl or 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup, mix coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg, until well blended. Pour oil and honey mixture over nuts and seeds and stir with a large spoon or your hands until everything is well coated.
Spread mixture out evenly on a jellyroll pan (cookie sheet with sides) and bake at 275 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Let cool completely and store in an airtight jar.
- 1 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey (or ¼ cup honey and ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, chopped apricots, chopped dates, etc.)