This past week on the East Coast was tremendous fun, and it was all due to the great people I had the fortune to spend time with. Some highlights:
- Ken’s wonderful hospitality, and knowledge of the best place on the Oregon Coast to get smoked oysters. I can’t wait until winter break.
- Coworking with Jeremy, Jason, and Serdar in the WaPo newsroom. I wish them the best of luck solving campaign finance this year.
- Tuesday Night Drinking Club with Greg, Will, Aaron and everyone else.
- Finally getting pizza at Roberta’s with Cody, Kate, Albert and Amy. Kate’s grilled pizza is more deserving of two stars from the New York Times.
- Codeworking with Evan at Chartbeat. Automatticians are a rare breed of awesome.
- A couple of long runs along the East River, almost as cool as the Westside Highway.
- The most competitive game of Catan I’ve played yet, with Albert, David, and Ashwin. I learned the defining point of the game is who’s the best trader. Watch out for David’s poker face.
- Hacking on OkCandidate with Albert at Times Open. Props to him for sticking it out; I look forward to hearing how it finished up.
Now, an overnight flight to Madrid where Michelle awaits. See you on the other side.