If you like my WordPress work, check out my new plugin, Bylines. Thanks!
Co-Authors Plus makes it possible to assign multiple bylines to posts, pages, and custom post types via a search-as-you-type meta box. Thanks to Mike Patek at Vocativ, version 3.1 includes co-author management via Quick Edit:
Also in this release:
- Updated Spanish translation, courtesy of sergiomajluf.
- Now matches core behavior when displaying author archive on multisite: user of the blog, or previously published author on the blog.
- Breaking change: “Create Profile” link is no longer shown by default on the Manage Users screen. Instead, it can be enabled with the
- Guest authors work properly with Jetpack Open Graph tags. Props hibernation.
- Guest author profile editor now supports a few different fields. Props alpha1.
coauthors_count_published_post_typesfilter for specifying the post type(s) used when calculating the user’s number of published posts.
- Bug fix: Ensure
post_authoris set to one of the co-authors assigned to a post.
- Bug fix: Filter author feed link for guest authors on the author page. Props hibernation.
- Packages a composer.json file for those using Composer.
- Beginnings of unit test coverage for core features. Increased minimum required WordPress version to 3.7 because WordPress.org unit testing framework doesn’t work reliabilty below that.