Co-Authors Plus makes it easy to add multiple bylines to a given post, and has full support for custom post types. Out just a moment ago, v2.6.2 has the following improvements:
- AJAX user search matches against first name, last name, and nickname fields too, in addition to display name, user login, and email address.
- Comment moderation and approved notifications are properly sent to all co-authors with the correct capabilities.
- Filter required capability for user to be returned in an AJAX search with ‘coauthors_edit_author_cap’. This defaults to ‘edit_posts’
- Filter out administrators and other non-authors from AJAX search with ‘coauthors_edit_ignored_authors’
- Automatically adds co-authors to Edit Flow’s story budget and calendar views.
- Bug fix: Don’t set post_author value to current user when quick editing a post. This doesn’t appear in the UI anywhere, but added the post to the current user’s list of posts. See related forum conversation.
- Bug fix: Properly cc other co-authors on new comment email notifications
- Bug fix: If a user has already been added as an author to a post, don’t show them in the AJAX search again.
- Bug fix: Allow output constants to be defined in a theme’s functions.php file and include filters you can use instead.
Please post any questions, bug reports, feature requests, etc. in the WordPress.org forums. If you want to contribute code, I’m eyeballing co-author management in Quick Edit and guest author functionality for v2.7.
For WordPress.com VIPs, this update has already been deployed to the shared plugins repo.