WP-CLI v0.20.0 released. search-replace with regex,
wp cli update --nightly, and a major bug fix, among other improvements.
BugHub. Desktop app for your Github.
I am currently a single point of failure for getting code from our Github repo to WordPress.com VIP SVN. As such, we (Fusion) are exploring a project to auto-deploy our Github repository to VIP SVN through post-CI middleware. But, before we dive into development, we want to make sure we’ve exhausted all lower-effort options.
How does your code get from Github to VIP SVN? Would you potentially want ot use our project? Please let me know with a comment — thanks!
The U.S. labor force has been shaped by millennia of technological progress. Agricultural technology birthed the farming industry, the industrial revolution moved people into factories, and then globalization and automation moved them back out, giving rise to a nation of services. But throughout these reshufflings, the total number of jobs has always increased. What may be looming is something different: an era of technological unemployment, in which computer scientists and software engineers essentially invent us out of work, and the total number of jobs declines steadily and permanently.
Derek Thompson — A World Without Work
It’s wedding season again. When I put together our playlist, Ben Meadow (Leah’s uncle) gave me a couple pieces of advice. First, include up to two slow songs. And probably only one. Second, make sure you have music for all ages. I stacked the golden oldies up front, which worked well.
Here’s the playlist that kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night:
- I’m A Believer – The Monkees
- Baby I Love You – Aretha Franklin
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Get Down Tonight – KC & The Sunshine Band
- Brick House – Commodores
- Love Shack – The B-52’s
- At Last – Etta James
- ABC – Jackson 5
- Dancing Queen – ABBA
- Celebration – Kool & The Gang
- Wild Thing – Tone-Loc
- Stayin’ Alive — Bee Gees
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Mony Mony – Billy Idol
- Kung Fu Fighting – Cee Lo Green
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie, Q-Tip, GoonRock
- Cha Cha Slide – Mr. C
- Gangnam Style – PSY
- It’s Time To Disco – Vasundhara Das, KK, Shaan
- Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyonce
- Save A Horse (And Ride A Cowboy) – Big & Rich
- Hava Nagila – The Klezmer Lounge Band
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Hello (Feat. Dragonette) – Martin Solveig
- The Time (Dirty Bit) – The Black Eyed Peas
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
Truthfully, people sat down for the Bollywood song. But it wouldn’t be my wedding without Bollywood. For the Hava Nagila, Leah and I actually did end up on chairs. And, if you’ve ever lived in Eugene, you know why we ended with Sweet Caroline.
Leah and I have been meal planning since Ava was born. I thought it might be fun to start sharing what we’re eating!
- Sunday: BBQ at Leah’s mom’s
- Monday: Thai veg curry over rice
- Tuesday: Make your own salad (chicken, red peppers, avocado, etc.)
- Wednesday: Ravioli with chicken basil sausages and brussel sprouts
- Thursday: Beef manicotti
- Friday: Fish tacos (?)